Saturday, February 26, 2011

Miss Independent-willingly or just for survival?

With some things currently going on in my life, I got to thinking about how my friends say (or just know) that I am so independent and say that I need to let others lend support and a helping hand more often.

But, the other disjointed thought with that is: am I independent because I WANT to be? Or because I've learned that I HAVE to be?

I have yet to find someone that is willing to go the extra mile and be there when I really need something (usually more emotional or mental support than anything tangible). I mean, I have my awesome best friend of 20 years, Jenny.. but I'm talking about in the dating realm. It just seems easier to trudge along counting on only myself to get through whatever, and deal with issues on my own rather than to cross my fingers and hope that the person I am dating will come through when I really need them to.

1 comment:

  1. I think you just need to be independent, and then when someone comes along, they support your independence and also give you someone to lean on. It would be a bummer to waste your life trying to depend on someone who wasn't there.

    I hope you find someone wonderful! =)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete